Yea!!!!!!!! I just completed my last test EVER for my masters degree yesterday morning!!!!! The only test I really have left to take is the principal certification test, but I don't have to take that to graduate. What is remaining of my masters degree is to type up the summaries of the activities I have completed throughout my internship and submit them to my online internship portfolio and then I am DONE!!!! I will officially be done on May 12th and then there will be BIG celebrations to come after that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After all this hard work I do not plan on going to school anymore! I have learned a lot and it was a good experience and I am definitely glad I did it!!! Now I will get paid more per year because I have this degree and I can go on to bigger and better things than just teaching. Someday I would like to teach junior college and teach people how to be teachers and someday become an elementary principal! As for right now I will just enjoy teaching my little 4th graders!
Spring Break has come and gone and we had a great time!!!! We took off to Sherman Saturday night and then woke up early Sunday morning met at my grandparents' house, took some pictures and headed for Eureka Springs, Arkansas! The first night there we ate a Mexican restaurant and went to a show they had called the Ozark Mountain Hoe Down. Now...Eureka Springs is definitely a Senior Citizen town and well, lets just say it's Arkansas. This show was full of country people and lots of Blue Grass/Country music. It was absolutely hilarious! Look at my sister's blog for pictures of that one! Monday morning we woke up and some of the guys went golfing and the rest of us drove out to the War Eagle Mill and ate breakfast! They have an actual mill that is grinding the flour and wheat and other things that they use in their restaurant and you can purchase things there as well! They have a real water wheel there too! The pancakes and biscuits were very delicious! After that we drove back into town and dropped Mimi and Popa off at the hotel and went into downtown and did a little shopping for awhile. They have a very cute, quaint downtown with TONS of shops, old fashioned soda place and much more. It was a great afternoon! We got back to our hotel and Popa called my mom and told her he was not feeling well and that he needed to get back to Sherman to go to the doctor. The original plan was to head on to Branson, Missouri Tuesday morning, but instead we headed back to Sherman. No big deal at all and everyone was just fine going back home. After all we were all very worried about Popa. We got back into town and Popa went to the doctor, thankfully all he had was a sinus infection, but when you are 80 years old anytime you get sick is kinda rough. He is doing well now! Tuesday night we went out to eat with everyone, minus Mimi and Popa at a place in Denison. Ross had been begging for awhile to go to Dave and Busters and so we all went there Wednesday night and ate and played games for awhile! We had a great time!!!! Ross and Jake make for some good laughs and great entertainment! Thursday, it was back to the grind for Ryan. I just did a few things around here and had a hair appointment! My hair lady recently had a baby and I got to hold that sweet little girl while she was doing my hair!!!! Friday I just did some things around the house and got ready for the next week. We also went out to eat Saturday at our favorite Italian restaurant around Dallas called Momo's Pasta!!!!!!! Absolutely delicious and no other Italian restaurant can come close to beating it!
Anyways.....now we are just back into our old routine again. We went to Sherman this weekend for Popa's birthday and for Jessica's little boy Kayson's baby blessing! It was a great weekend!!!!
Now we are almost into April and Ryan's birthday is one week from tomorrow and mine is 2 weeks after that! There will be LOTS of celebrating this month!!!! Ryan's parents are coming into town for a visit too and to help us celebrate our birthdays! My friend Brooke at work and her family all have birthdays in April and I think we are making it a tradition to have a little birthday get together with her and her husband and little girl every year!!! Birthdays are a fun time!!!
Sorry for all the rambling, but not much else is going on in our lives right now. We are very slowly beginning the process of becoming first time home buyers. That is definitely a very daunting task.
Happy Spring to everyone!!!
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Excitement
Posted by Brooke and Ryan Steed at 6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Where are you guys looking for houses? You could be our neighbors! Congrats on finishing your Master's! Wa hoo!
Post a Comment