I think we are finally prepared to make our trip to the hospital for the BIG DAY! I have our bags somewhat packed, minus the things we use on a daily basis. I have pajamas to wear in the hospital, pajamas to wear when we get home, slippers, notebook to write things down in, notes to read while in the hospital from my friends from one of the baby showers they gave us, Chloe's take home outfit and bow, car seat (can't bring her home without that one), Chloe's take home blanket (wonderful, so soft blanket that my good friend Kayla gave us from Pottery Barn Kids....she swears by this blanket), Boppy pillow, and the list goes on and on. I almost feel like we are moving into the hospital temporarily with all the stuff we have to take with us. Hopefully when the time comes we don't forget anything!
On another note we have started taking a birthing class. The first session was last week and we have 3 more sessions to go. Last week the instructor told us that if we walk every 30 minutes during labor we can cut off 8 hours of the total labor process. Guess what I'll be doing....WALKING, that's for sure!
There is not a lot going on around here other than just getting ready for the baby to come and a lot of working for Ryan. He is helping out with another guy's project at work and the deadline is sometime in September so they have been working 11-12 hour days trying to get everything completed and in good working order for the customer. I am so lucky to have such a hard working husband and Chloe is lucky to have a hard working father!!!!
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Getting Prepared
Posted by Brooke and Ryan Steed at 7:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Get used to bringing your house with you everywhere you go from now on! Once the baby is here you will long for the days when you didn't have to pack a diaper bag with a million things just in case, bring the stroller, and carseat, blankets etc. Its all worth it though. Nothing beats having that baby out of your stomach and in your arms!
Ohh... I am so excited for you! I was thinking it would be fun to hang out just the girls sometime while our men folk are at work... what do you think?
Post a Comment