Thursday, May 3, 2012

30 minutes

I'm sure many of you are wondering what the title "30 minutes" means and I am about to explain it ALL to you! This morning I was getting ready to go to lunch with some friends. All I had left to do was put my makeup on and get dressed. This would normally take less than 30 minutes, but today, my friends, it took at least 30 minutes. In the midst of me getting ready Chloe is going through my bathroom, bedroom, and closet destroying things and making messes all along the way! She emptied Ryan's shoes off his shoe rack, unrolled the roll of toilet paper and tore it into a million pieces, emptied the box of Kleenex on my nightstand and shredded those into a million pieces, turned the water on and off several times in my bathtub, went through a box of "bathroom stuff" under my sink and managed to pull the plastic lid off my UGG boot cleaner and is now chewing on the pump most likely getting the cleaner in her mouth, and then of course she empties the bottom drawer of my jewelry box (which is her drawer to play with) and then the play jewelry is all over the bedroom floor. YES...my friends, this was all in a span of 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to readily admit that I was very frustrated, raised my voice slightly, and lost all patience with her. And it didn't help that I was a hot, sweaty mess after cleaning up everything and trying to get ready. I bent down looked Chloe in the eyes, tried to explain to her about not making such a mess, apologized, told her I loved her no matter what she did and then what did she do.....she crawled up into my lap and laid her head down on my shoulder!!!! Talk about making me feel SO BAD! Poor thing totally understood how frustrated I was and she felt so bad and sad about it. Next time I think I might have to set up my pack n play for her to play in while I get ready! Good thing she's such a fun, loving, and wonderful little girl!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Ack! Welcome to toddlerhood, Chloe. :) That doesn't mean she has to destroy everything. My very favorite parenting book for toddlers is "Love and Logic for Early Childhood." Go get yourself a copy. I'd let you borrow mine, but I re-read it every six months or so to remind myself. It's that good.

Meghan Huntsman said...

I have so been there!