So I finally decided to get Ryan and I a blog. I don't really know why I never had one, because I love to read other people's blogs, but we can finally join the world of bloggers now.
I guess my first entry will be about SPRING BREAK! Those are the ever coveted words of school teachers like myself! We had been counting down forever because we went almost a whole straight 2 months without a day off. Spring break finally came and Ryan and I headed straight to Austin for the weekend. Friday night we went to dinner at Chuy's with Ryan's old college roommate from A&M and his wife. I had not seen them since their wedding last May, so needless to say we had a lot of catching up to do! Then on Saturday we just slept in, relaxed and went to breakfast at the ever famous Kerby Lane Cafe! After that we drove around the hills of Austin and looked at these big mansions, went and saw an old Italian villa, went to a museum on the T.U. campus, and then went back to the hotel to rest a little bit before our night out. Saturday night we were celebrating some recognition we both had received at work and we went to dinner at Fleming's Steakhouse! This was my 2nd time to go there and it gets better and better every time! Ryan had noticed in a newspaper that one of his favorite bands Nada Surf was playing on 6th street and so we went and listened to them for a little bit. Sunday morning we slept in, had lunch with Ryan's roommate again and headed back to Dallas. We had a great time in Austin!!!!!!!!!!!!
The rest of the week I just did a few things around the house, worked on master's homework, and did some spring shopping with my mom!!!! Poor Ryan had to work all week. He always tells me that it will be 40 years until he gets a spring break or a summer. (retirement) Anyways..... it was a wonderful break!
Unfortunately we are now back to the grind and tutoring after school 4 days a week for the TAKS test. 10 more weeks till summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Saturday, March 29, 2008
New to This
Posted by Brooke and Ryan Steed at 6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment