Well...we have officially started the holiday season now! We had a pretty good Thanksgiving, in spite of me being sick. We headed to Sherman on Wednesday and stayed until Saturday. Wednesday I spent some time shopping and getting a pedicure with my mom and my very sweet hubby stayed behind and cooked all the pies for the family reunion the next day. We also set up for the big Thanksgiving meal that evening.
Thursday we had our family reunion with my dad's mom's side of the family. We had 36 people in attendance and 25 people absent. We had a great day! We finished off the day watching the A&M vs. t.u. game, which ended sadly, but it was a very good game and much better than many people expected.
Friday my mom and I got up and went shopping for a little bit. We didn't get up real early, but we were out and about by 8. After some shopping we came home and decorated my parents' house for Christmas. Friday evening we went to see the movie Blind Side with some cousins and my aunt and uncle and went out to eat too.
Saturday Ryan and my dad put up the Christmas lights outside and my mom and I made a dessert for Alex's fiance Emily's bridal shower. Around noon a big group of guys headed down to Mesquite to watch the Denison Yellow Jackets play in their playoff game. While the boys were gone my mom and I went to the bridal shower for Emily.
All in all it was a great a break!!!! Now we only have 15 school days left till Christmas break!!!!!!!! We do have lots of fun things coming up in the next 3 weeks too! Some of the things we will be doing are going to the symphony, having a Christmas party for Ryan's coworkers, shopping in Watters Creek and at the outlet mall, shopping at Canton, a church Christmas party, fun weekend at The Gaylord Texan for our anniversary (#3), and then some time with my family for Christmas and then we will leave on the 25th to go to Utah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our house is slowly coming together with all the decorations. As soon as I get back from Canton and put all the finishing touches on the house I will post some pics!!!
I hope everyone enjoys this time of year! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Holidays
Posted by Brooke and Ryan Steed at 3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
no post some now and then later girl! stay warm and get enough sleep!
You are gonna be one busy lady until Christmas! Sounds like life is good. :)
Post a Comment