Thursday, June 30, 2011

3 babies, 2 moms

Once a week Chloe and I go to a library class called "Books and Babies" with some friends from church. (My friend has twin 8 month old boys!) We also then go to lunch after the class each week. Yesterday was just a funny experience. We went to a yummy restaurant and one of us sat down with the babies and the other went to get in line to get lunch. Chloe was in a high chair, one twin was in a high chair and the other twin was asleep. I was trying my best to keep the 2 in high chairs occupied by talking to them, letting them tap their hands on the table and giving them puffs to eat. While all this is going on the 3rd baby wakes up and is fussing a little so I get him out of his car seat, go get a high chair and then strap him in. Now I am currently entertaining 3 babies and they are getting loud. One makes a noise, then the other, and then the other. It was almost like they were having a competition to see who could make the most noise and the loudest noise. Then my friend gets back with her lunch and I go get in line to get mine. Repeat that same scenario for her, except one baby starts to fuss in the highchair so she gets them out and holds them. That baby then gets happy and the other baby starts fussing a little. She then puts the happy baby back in the highchair and picks up the fussy baby. WOW...it was a miracle we were able to eat our own lunch and actually visit! I'm sure many, many people were staring at us! OH WELL!!!!! All in all it was a fun day!



(This picture was taken before baby #3 woke up!)

1 comments:

Ali and Brian Babcock said...

love love love these lunches! and i'm pretty sure you get the short end of the stick with having to take on my twins half the time. we love our wednesday outings!!!