Today was a difficult day at church. We go to church for 3 hours, the 1st hour is our main meeting, which we call Sacrament Meeting and then the 2nd hour is Sunday School and the 3rd hour is our individual classes for males and females. Anyways.... I think in my short almost 6 years of marriage Ryan and I have gone to church together in the same vehicle a handful of times. He's always had early meetings before church and then some afterwards. Right now he holds a particular job in which requires him to sit on the stand, therefore leaving Chloe and I to sit alone. I knew when he got this new responsibility that Sundays would now become a bit of a challenge for me. Chloe is a very ACTIVE almost 2 year old with RED hair! Those things and sitting still and quiet for 1.25 hours do not go well together. I've managed to take on this challenge somewhat well, but today was not one of those days. She was ALL over the place, doing only one activity for less than 5 minutes. The thought even crossed my mind that the following Sunday maybe I should just skip Sacrament Meeting because that would be easier, but then I knew that was the wrong thing to do and that's not who I am. I can do hard things and I can do this hard thing right now. I've tried really hard to continue to come back into the chapel after taking her out several times, so that she will learn that is where we sit when we go to church and we have to be quiet, etc., but today after taking her out 4-5 times, I was DONE! I was now breaking a sweat, tired of corraling her, etc. You probably get the idea by now! The last time I tried going back into the chapel we sat down and I heard the first maybe 1-2 minutes of the last speaker's talk. I think that was probably all I needed to hear, or at least all the Lord had intended for me to hear. The speaker was telling us that if we are at church, we are where we need to be, even if it is difficult for us to be at church or get to church because of kids, illness, etc., we are where we need to be and we will be blessed for making the effort. After I heard that, I did feel better and I KNEW I was doing the right thing, no matter how difficult it is to go to church each week by myself. It was definitely a good reminder! A huge thanks to that speaker for that little reminder! I'm not complaining, whining or having a pity party for myself, but I just want to remember this moment and know that I will be blessed for making the effort of going to church no matter how hard it might be!
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think I needed to hear that also! I am so with you on dealing with difficult 2 year olds. We spend lots of time in the hallway especially with Talon! If Daniel had to be on the stand, I would be in lots and lots of trouble.
Yeah, Church is miserable for us right now too. I need to make more of an effort to bring Andrew back it--I just feel bad because he's barely a year old and all he wants to do is move, but he spends most of church dragged with us while we attempt to do callings. Or, as we sit in the hall and feel bad that we can't do our callings, as it were. But we gotta keep trying!
Girl I totally feel you. To add to that, Rylee isn't old enough for nursery so Evan and I rotate and spend the entire 3 hours in the hallway. It will get better. And then you have those great days when you feel she will be great forever! Keep up the hard work and determination.
Post a Comment