Monday, June 23, 2008

End of school and start to Summer

Well it has been awhile since I've posted anything, so I thought would grace everyone with another post! The end of the school year finally came to a close. The last week of school was rough for everyone. Teachers were busy going through end of the year closing procedures and trying to keep students somewhat engaged in activities. The last day of school was a lot of fun, I just let my kids do whatever they wanted as long as no one got hurt and they actually handled the freedom quite well! I didn't think I would cry on the last day, but when we had closing ceremonies and Mrs. Adams (principal) raised the American flag in the air and said "School's out for summer" the tears just started flowing. Several of my sweet darlings rushed up to me to give me hugs and I couldn't help but to cry a little. This was my first year of teaching and I seriously enjoyed every last minute of it and couldn't be happier with my job! I will miss my first class ever, but I am looking forward to my second class as well! So here's to my sweet little 4th graders of 07-08!!!! I LOVE YOU!

OK....enough of that stuff. Summer officially started for me on Friday, June 6th at 1:30pm!!! I headed to Houston with my friend Shannon for Jessica Parker's bridal shower! It was quite an interesting trip. We had to make several bathroom stops. The first stop we made, Shannon ran in and some lady was locked in the bathroom, so we went on down the road and stopped again. We ran into McDonald's and their bathrooms were closed, then Shannon ran over to Dairy Queen and they weren't open, so finally she ran into the lobby of a hotel and there was a nice, clean restroom available!!!!!!!!!! The whole situation was quite hysterical! Then we got on down the road and into Houston, and apparently the directions we had were all wrong, so had to call Jessica and she helped us find our way to our hotel! The trip definitely got off to an interesting start!!!! We went to lunch and then shopping at The Galleria!!! Then it was time for dinner and Jessica's fiance Craig treated us all to a nice dinner at PF Chang's! We got back to our hotel around 10pm and went to bed and then all of the sudden about 12a.m. we were awakened by a loud noise, at first we thought it was the alarm clock in our room and the noise was getting louder and louder and we soon figured out it was the fire alarm, so we quickly grabbed our purses and shoes and ran down the stairs outside. We waited for about 45 minutes and apparently what happened was that these 3 punk guys were smoking in their room on the 2nd floor and it set off the fire alarms. STUPID smokers! Anyways...it was just another laugh for Shannon and I. Sunday we went to the shower and then headed back to Dallas! It was a great girls weekend!

Since then I have just been hanging out, sleeping in, working out, taking naps in the afternoon, and doing a little bit of grad school homework. May 09 could not get here soon enough, I am so ready to be done with this masters!

0 comments: