Our first big trip of the summer was to Cancun, Mexico! This was a little bit of a debate between Ryan and I, but I finally convinced him it was the right thing to do and that it would be worth every last dollar we would spend! After completing my first full year of teaching I thought I deserved a nice trip, so we finally decided to head to Cancun, Mexico! We stayed at the Crown Paradise Club All Inclusive resort! I had actually stayed there 8 years ago with my family and decided it would be a great place to return to! They have made a lot of changes and remodeled several things! When we arrived to our room we were welcomed with bath robes, slippers, fruit basket, flowers, and a mini fridge stocked with drinks! Our room also had a huge jacuzzi in it too!!!!! The first night we ate dinner at the buffet, La Palapa and then went to a show! The show was called Crown Paradise Idol and it was patterned after American Idol. They picked 3 people from the audience to be Randy, Paula and Simon and then they had people perform as various artists from today, such as Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Madonna, and Ricky Martin. It was a lot of fun! Then our first full day we headed to the beach!!! We tried jumping some waves, but I was not tall enough to do that and I got completely wiped out every single time. Needless to say I gave up on that and went to lay out by the pool. Ryan did some more wave jumping and then came back to lay out with me! We were lucky enough to get 2 lounge chairs right by the poolside bar, so we had great access to pina coladas and strawberry daquiris!!!!!! We got pretty sunburned the first day, but we didn't let it slow us down. That night we ate dinner at Fisherman's restaurant and then went to watch some people do karaoke for a little while! We were walking around by the pools and a lot of people were rushing to the balcony by the pool and so we followed to see what the commotion was and a huge sea turtle had come up onto the beach right by our resort. It was crazy! Our 2nd full day there we layed out some more and Ryan went to the ocean for a little bit and joined in some games of water basketball! Then that night we played some putt putt and ate dinner at a steak restaurant called Wayne's Boots! We walked around for a little while and looked at the Mexican market that was set up in the resort lobby! We also stood and watched a spray paint artist for a little while! It was really neat and I had never seen that done before! Then it was time to go back to our room and pack up and get ready to leave early the next morning.
We had a wonderful time and it was nice to have all that time to just relax and enjoy the atmosphere and one another's company!!!!!!!!!!!!! We hope our next destinations will be the Bahamas, Rio de Janeiro, and possibly a cruise!








Monday, June 23, 2008
Paradise Island
Posted by Brooke and Ryan Steed at 11:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment