Friday, September 5, 2008

Masters or BUST

Ok...so I now only have 5 more classes to take and an internship to complete and I will be FINISHED with my masters degree in Educational Administration. This has been quite a journey and the journey will only continue until May 2009!! So right now I not only get to work at 7am, work all day, come home about 4.....I then come home and do homework and somewhere in there after school or during my break times I am trying to get hours for my internship. Getting these hours has proved to be quite the difficult task. I need 140 hours by May 2009 and I sure hope that happens! For those of you who are planning on going to grad school and just recently graduated from undergrad or who will graduate soon I highly recommend to go immediately into graduate school! It makes the transition much easier and you get it over with quickly! Mesquite ISD requires that all teachers have a masters degree within 10 years of employment and they will even pay for up to $6500 of your degree, which is a great thing! Thanks to my wonderful husband, coworkers, and family who have helped me thus far!!!!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

You go girl! You can do it! There is a light at the end of the tunnel haha!

Anonymous said...

Yay - it will feel so good when you're done! I know how you feel...it seems like not long ago I was teaching all day and going to school myself after school! Fun to remember back on. Do you plan on going into administration? We should do lunch on a Sat. or if you ever have a day off!

Anonymous said...

What is your email? I want to invite you guys to Joe's b-day this weekend!