Sunday, November 2, 2008

Aggie Football Weekend

This weekend Ryan and I headed back to our old stomping grounds of College Station, Texas A&M!! It was so fun driving into town and seeing the campus and all the places we used to go!!!! College is one of those times of life that you will never ever forget and that will always stay near and dear to your heart! Especially if you are an Aggie! I started my journey at A&M in August of 2004. This was my first time to be away from home and out from under the wing of my parents. It was very exciting and a little nerve-wrecking at the same time. I actually think my parents were more nervous than I was. My journey at A&M ended when I graduated in May of 2007!!!!! I had a lot of good times at A&M, and one of the best things that happened while I was there was of course meeting my husband, Ryan!!!! I also had a lot of good girl friends there as well, and we do still stay in touch which is great!
As many of you know A&M is all about tradition, tradition, tradition. One of my favorite traditions at A&M is Midnight Yell Practice! At midnight the night before a home FB game everyone gathers at Kyle Field (except the FB team) and we all practice yells, the Yell Leaders tell some stories, and we sing the school songs. Almost towards the end of Yell Practice the lights go out in the whole stadium and you are supposed to kiss your date or "Mug Down". If you do not have a date you are supposed to hold up a lighter and find someone else with a lighter and kiss them and then you are not dateless anymore! Just a fun, long standing Aggie tradition!
A&M would not be A&M without football. Although our fb team is not that good this year it is still a lot of fun to attend the games! The games are full of kinds of traditions. We do a lot of yells, sing the school songs, when the team scores you are supposed to kiss your date, every time we score they shoot off the cannon, if we win the freshman Corp members rush onto the field to catch the Yell Leaders and carry them to the Fish Fountain on campus and dump them in and they have a short yell practice, and there is much much more!
It was very hot at the game, but we had a great time!!!!!! It was a wonderful weekend in Aggieland and we can not wait to go back soon!!!!

Click to play Aggie FB Weekend
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comments:

Kristi said...

I wondered where you guys were today! My friend and former neighbor graduated from A&M so she goes to the football games all the time too. She loves it. Fun times, fun times! Glad you had a good weekend!