Thursday, February 5, 2009

Too Much Time at Work

Well...I thought I would post what has been going on lately and that is nothing but work and homework for grad school. That is pretty much my life recently and it's NOT fun! Since the writing TAKS test is quickly approaching we are tutoring after school, tutoring during school, and working as hard as we can to constantly review, re-teach, and spend our Fridays writing a story to prepare for this ridiculous test! On top of this I have also been taking a grad class, and trying to get internship hours as well. It has been quite the juggle and makes for long, tired days. One thing that I have done recently for the internship was attend a meeting with my principal concerning this new data system our district is starting to use. It is absolutely wonderful, because it focuses on more than just test scores. The INOVA system is a value added system and really stresses the importance of adding value to the kid and not just focusing on increasing their scores. It is seriously one of the best things! (I think educators will know why I think this is so neat and easy to get excited about!!) Another project my friend Brooke and I were assigned was to write a grant for our school. MAN....this is a hard job! Have you ever had to write a grant before? It is not easy in any way! We started on writing the grant Wed. afternoon about 4:30 and didn't finish until about 10:15pm when we finally decided it was time to go home. Unfortunately we are still not finished, but will hopefully have it completed this weekend! After this experience, I don't think I will be writing any more grants for quite some time.

I am not complaining about what has been going on, but just ready for some of these things to end! TAKS is only 3 weeks away and then it will be over!!! I only have 2 grad classes left and the remainder of my internship and then I will be FINISHED with school FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be a big party at my house to celebrate that accomplishment!!!!!!!!!

For now...I am going to enjoy my day off tomorrow and the weekend and maybe do a little shopping, get a massage and pedicure!!!!!!!

Only 5 weeks till Spring Break!!! Who's counting?!?!?!?!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I wish I could go get a pedicure with you! I just said to Nathan tonight how badly I needed one! I'm glad that you are getting closer to the end of grad school, that is so great! And I'm excited about the new system even though I'm not a teacher because I think it is so important to look at the children as more than just test scores. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy - I used to have your same schedule, grants and all! I hope you're able to get some rest and before you know it all of this will be over! Good luck with everything you have to do. We should have a girl's afternoon out one of these Saturdays.

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

Will you just hurry up and finish and have a baby so we can hang out and get pedicures?!?!?!?