Well, we have finally returned from our summer vacation! We had a wonderful time and wish we were still in Durango. I have to say that I actually did better in the car than I thought I would. Never really complained at all! I am not much on long car trips, so this was quite an accomplishment for me!
We started off last Wednesday night, stopped in Amarillo and then on Thursday continued to Santa Fe. We shopped around all afternoon, walked around the downtown area and ate some good Mexican food. Friday we headed on into Pagosa Springs, CO. We stayed at the Hot Springs resort and had a pretty good time. There were at least 15 different pools all at varying temperatures. I could only get in the pools that were in the 80s, which of course were only 2 of them. We did go to a pool that was 103 and I only stuck my feet in. It was nice and relaxing, in spite of the sulphur smell. Saturday morning we got up and headed to Durango, CO. We walked around and shopped in their downtown area and ate lunch at a really cute French bakery called Jean Pierre...the food was DELICIOUS!!!! Later on in the afternoon we went up to Blue Lake Ranch and checked into our room. We were lucky and our room was in the Ranch House which is the main building on the property. So we were right there where breakfast was served and everything. Saturday night was Shannon and Alfredo's rehearsal dinner at Steamworks in Durango. It was really yummy food and we enjoyed the evening visiting with Shannon and Alfredo and their family members. Sunday Ryan headed out on a fly fishing trip in the morning and I just hung out in our suite relaxing. In the afternoon we explored around Blue Lake a little bit and then went back to our room to get ready for the wedding. The ceremony started at 5:30 and it was in a gorgeous setting with the mountains behind them. After the ceremony was the reception. We had a very nice sit down dinner, dancing, and lots of fun!!!! Shannon looked absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! Now they are headed to Hawaii on a 10 day honeymoon!!! Congratulations Shannon and Alfredo!!!
Overall we had a wonderful vacation and enjoyed all the time we had to spend with one another!
![]() |
| A digital slideshow by Smilebox |

0 comments:
Post a Comment