Last night was a particularly rough night in our house. Chloe could not settle down to save her poor little life. She was fussing and fussing and could never get comfortable. We went to the doctor a few weeks ago and he said she probably has a little bit of colic. Well, last night I definitely think it was her colic that was bothering her as well as some tummy trouble/discomfort. In the midst of all the fussing Ryan had the thought to play his guitar and sing and maybe that would help calm her for a little bit. I sat down in the glider and rocked Chloe while he played his guitar and sang James Taylor songs. As I was rocking her and listening to Ryan sing and play I just stared down at her and had the realization that she is our little piece of heaven and that very thought brought tears to my eyes. She is such a sweet, innocent, little baby and her care is entrusted to us, she depends on us for her every single need and that is a big responsibility. This sweet little child could not soothe herself last night and that soothing was left up to us. She did finally calm down about 2:30am and then just slept for 2-3 hour increments of time. Let's hope these nights are few and far between. Even though it was a pretty rough night we love her so much and are so glad she is a part of our family!!!!!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Carter started getting really colicy right at around a month and it only got worse from there. Some things that helped him was singing to him, bouncing him up and down (I got an arm work out), change of scenery (try taking her outside or for a car ride), and gripe water (baby's bliss). The gripe water also helped him to sleep. Of course we ended up getting to a point where nothing helped until we changed his formula and put him on prevacid. He hasn't had one colic episode since we made the change. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your little girl...they grow so fast!
Chole is very blessed to have you and ryan as parents. :)
Poor baby Chloe. I've not had a baby with colic but know people who did and I know how tired they would get. If you ever want me to come over and just hold her while you take a nap, I surely will. I'm completely kid free on MWF from 9-2:30 while Will is at preschool and the others are at school. Don't hesitate to call!
Post a Comment