Today I completed my first full week of bootcamp and I have actually enjoyed it, which surprised me! I am feeling a great sense of accomplishment after the first week! I hope this feeling continues and grows with each week I complete.
I haven't worked out consistently since I had Chloe and I really haven't had the motivation either...especially because it is so darn hot outside. We used to go walking in our neighborhood 3-5 days a week when it was cooler and needless to say that came to an abrupt halt as soon as it got hot. I also did a Jillian Michaels dvd for awhile and then stopped when I hurt myself. I've done the gym thing before and I'm not really a fan of that, especially since now I would have to take Chloe and drop her off in a nursery full of all kinds of kids with all kinds of germs...YUCK! (I already know I'm going to have major issues with germs and such when she goes to the nursery at church.) Anyways...I've never really absolutely stuck to a workout routine 100%, so I am hoping this one sticks! I have to get up at 4:30 to make it there by 5 and that has been a bit of an adjustment, but it's getting easier!
Thanks to a few good friends and my wonderful husband who have helped encourage me! I plan on sticking this one out and maybe signing up for a 2nd session if all goes well!!! (Gotta get a refill on my asthma inhaler quick, so I really can stick it out!)
So this post turned out to be much longer than intended...sorry! I love the sense of accomplishing something, and something that is difficult!
Friday, August 26, 2011
Sense of Accomplishement
Posted by Brooke and Ryan Steed at 8:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go Brooke!!! I feel you on the heat. Eric really wants to do Couch to 5K but I can barely walk to the mailbox let alone for 30 minutes in this heat. I hope you keep it up!
It;s so fun to have you there! Glad you're doing it.
Post a Comment