Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Chloe Madison!!!!!!

Seriously?!?! Did I just type 1st Birthday? I really can not even believe that my baby is 1!!!! I feel like this year has been a total whirlwind and flashed right before my eyes! Although, there were many times in the beginning I was wishing for her to be a few months older. Now I want her to be a few months younger! She's not quite a baby anymore and that makes me kind of sad. (Still not ready for another.) For some reason her 1st birthday was very emotional for me, just thinking about all the struggles we had in the beginning with a dramatic/scary labor & delivery, the whole nursing debacle, colic, and her milk protein intolerance and to see how FAR we've come and how much she is thriving now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is GREAT!!!! She brings so much joy and happiness into our lives and it couldn't be any better! Chloe is such a happy baby and almost always has a smile on her face! She is always doing funny things and is definitely keeping us on our toes these days! She definitely completes our little family!!!!

Now for the 12 month info:

Weight: 22 lbs 4.5 oz, 75th percentile
Height: 30 inches, 75th percentile
Head circumference: 18 cm, 70th percentile

-Wears size 3 diapers
-Wears 12-18 month clothes
-Eats all table food (loves spaghetti, any kind of bread, mashed potatoes, ICE CREAM, yogurt, animal crackers, and cheese)
-Unfortunately still on Nutramigen for 2 more weeks, and then Soy milk
-Crawling really well on all 4's
-Pulling up to standing on EVERYTHING (her latest thing is to pull wipes out of the wipe warmer....drives me crazy!)
-Walking along the edge of everything
-Talking all the time and makes new sounds every day
-Really good at mimicking others
-Still taking 2 naps a day, one in the morning from 9:30-11 and one in the afternoon from 12:45ish-3:30ish
-Goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up at 8am
-Started our Fall library class
-Attending our 1st official Play Group


I think that is about it for now!

Chloe's actual birthday was on Monday, September 19th. We spent the morning at the pediatrician's office and the poor thing got 4 shots! After the shots I decided to treat her to some M&M's and Chick-Fil-A for lunch! Then we came home and napped, Ryan came home from work and we opened presents!!! For dinner, Chloe picked to go out to eat at Gloria's Mexican at the Harbor on the lake! The waiter was so nice and brought her a piece of Chocolate Flan with a birthday candle lit! All in all it was a GREAT day!!!! We look forward to many more fun birthdays with our sweet little angel!

Here are a few pics:





2 comments:

The Browns said...

Holy cow, she's cute. Sounds like a fun birthday. You are blessed to have such a good sleeper, too. I hope you take naps at the same time. Time sure flies... Happy Birthday Chloe from your cousins in Costa Rica!

Randi said...

Happy Birthday Chloe!

That stroller is so cute! She is going to love that!