Sunday, September 18, 2011

Last Night (9/17/2011)

I have to write down this sweet moment I had with Chloe last night before I forget and never get it written anywhere. I have been staying at my parents all weekend since Ryan has been out of town. This is the weekend before Chloe's birthday and so I have been thinking A LOT about what I was doing this time last year. Chloe was born on a Sunday. The day before Ryan and I were walking around at the Rockwall Arts Festival. This year my mom and I were walking around at the Sherman Arts Fest. Anyways...last night as I was getting ready to lay Chloe down, she was so tired and was actually being still and I just wanted to hold her and rock her with her CD playing in the background. She was so sweet and was actually falling asleep in my arms, which is a rare occurrence these days. I was just totally wrapped up in the moment and the tears just started flowing. Holding her asleep in my arms just flooded my mind with memories of this time last year when she was so tiny, things were so difficult, and she was just a brand new baby straight from Heaven. I thought about all that I had to go through to get her here that day (the 19th), all the struggles we had in the first few months and then thought about what life is like now. She's into every single thing possible, constantly on the go, and full of energy and life! I wouldn't trade a thing for all the experiences we have had together and I really can't imagine life without her!!! I know that sounds so cliche, but it is absolutely true!!!!!

Tomorrow is her birthday and we can not wait to celebrate!!!

0 comments: