Thursday, April 26, 2012

Accomplishment!

Just wanted to document this accomplishment at this time in my life so that I can remember. Especially if it never happens again! ha ha I've been doing a boot camp workout since the end of August and have only taken one month off since then. It's 3 days a week, from 5-6am. Recently I've started going about 4 days a week to give me a push towards summer. At the beginning of April we did a fitness test. We were supposed to hold a plank position for up to 3 minutes, see how many pushups we could do in 1 minute and then see how many leap frogs we could do in one minute. I held the plank for the full 3 minutes, did 41 leap frogs, and 36 pushups. Not too bad! Well, today I did the fitness test for the end of the month and I made some pretty good progress! I held the plank for 3 minutes again, went up to 44 leap frogs (with a bruised rib), and 56 pushups!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea how much progress I had made over the month until my boot camp instructor emailed me with the stats. I'm not trying to brag whatsoever, but this is a pretty major accomplishment for me, especially because I have never been one that enjoys working out or one that has been able to stick to a workout plan. I like getting up early, getting my day going, and I just feel so much more energized! This is probably the best I have felt in a long time!

2 comments:

The Hopewells!!!! said...

Way to go Brooke! That takes true discipline. Congrats!!

Jess said...

Brooke, you are a rock star! 56 pushups is awesome! (I should know--I do a measly 22.)