We had our appointment with the ENT yesterday and Chloe is most definitely getting tubes. Her surgery is scheduled for Friday, June 29th. We check-in at the Baylor Surgery Center in downtown Dallas at 6am and surgery begins about 7:30-8. The longest parts of the surgery are putting her to sleep and waking her up. Thankfully they put her to sleep using a mask and some anesthetic gas. Dr. Kronenberger showed us what the tubes look like and they are only 1mm big. So needless to say, it's very small! They are expected to stay in for about 12-18 months and will fall out naturally. Hopefully this will fix the problems and we will no longer have recurring ear infections!!!!!!!!! I have to say there is something going on with the Aggie network of doctors around here. My OB is an Aggie, who then referred us to our pediatrician, Dr. Sonnen, who is also an Aggie, and he referred us to the ENT, who is also an Aggie!!!! Gotta love the Aggie network!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It's an amazing network!!!! Gig Em!!!!! And I'll be saying a little prayer for Chloe!!! I'm starting to believe that Caroline may have to have her adenoids removed but I probably won't know more until she's closer to 2!
Post a Comment