Tonight we are having Chicken Puffs for dinner! Don't pass out, because yes, I did actually cook! The first time I ever had these was at Shelbee and Amanda's house in College Station while we were all going to A&M. (Miss those days!!!!) Ever since then they have been a favorite and I have passed the recipe on to many people! I thought I would post the recipe here for anyone else that would like to try them.
Chicken Puffs
1 block of cream cheese
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I boil in a pan on the stove and then shred with 2 forks on a cutting board)
lemon pepper (to taste)
1 can of biscuits (I use the Pillsbury Homestyle biscuits)
1 stick of butter, melted
2-3 cups of Italian style bread crumbs (I usually guess on the amount)
Cook and shred the chicken. Mix chicken with cream cheese and lemon pepper (to taste). Have 1 bowl with the melted butter and 1 bowl with the bread crumbs ready. Take 1 biscuit and open it, but still leave part of it connected, stuff with the chicken mixture. Roll the biscuit into a ball, dip in butter, dip in bread crumbs and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 to 20 minutes or until biscuit is no longer doughy.
Enjoy!!!!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Chicken Puffs
Posted by Brooke and Ryan Steed at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey this is my all time favorite recipe. I make mine just a little different but I might have to give yours a try. With mine, I use chive and onion cream cheese and chopped up celery instead of lemon pepper. Then I eat them with cream of chicken. So yummy!
Post a Comment